Location: Baltimore, MD
US Citizenship: Yes
Clearance Required: USCG Suitability
The candidate selected for this position will serve as Program Manager (PM) and Technical Lead on a
project team that supports the staff of the U.S. Coast Guard (USCG) Asset Project Office (APO) in
Baltimore, MD. The PM will oversee the efforts of a team that works in collaboration with multiple
stakeholders to develop, update, and manage Integrated Logistics Support processes, products and
services for a variety of USCG assets.
• Oversees program support services, as well as technical, administrative and management
capabilities. Develops and tracks project schedules, manages risk to project performance,
identifies and takes action to overcome challenges and risks to completion of project deliverables.
• Ensures compliance with USCG logistics policy and requirements. Includes assistance in the
development of new or modified policies, instructions and procedures. Typical activities will
include Integrated Product Team participation, assistance with requirements analysis and
development, and assistance with the review and evaluation of data submittals.
• Manage team that collaborates with USCG stakeholders, vendors, and Original Equipment
Manufacturers (OEM) for development and review of applicable technical and logistics
specifications, development and update of logistics products and processes, and review and
assessment of shipbuilder provided logistics deliverables for contractual compliance. Includes
analyzes and adjudication of APO feedback to improve products and processes.
• Primary areas of support include, but are not limited to:
o Maintenance Planning and Management
o Technical Data Management
o Computer Resources
o Training and Training Support
o Packaging, Handling, Storage, and Transportation
o Design Interface
o Configuration Management
o Procurement Contracting Support
• Develops/submits required and ad hoc reports to keep APO appraised on project scope,
schedule, risks and quality. This includes the development of project reports, slide decks, issue
papers, verbal briefings, etc.
• 10+ years of relevant PM experience managing high-visibility programs and contracts of
similar scope, type and complexity.
• USCG experience preferred
• Marine Engineering experience required
• Excellent leadership, management, organizational, teamwork and communication skills.
• PMP Certified (May be offset by additional experience)
• BA/BS in relevant field. (MA/MS preferred). Relevant experience may be a substitute for
• NavSea RCM Level II
• Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
• Naval & Electronics Supply Support System (NESSS)
• Fleet Logistic System (FLS)
• Configuration Data Managers Database-Open Architecture (CDMDOA)
• Aviation Logistic Management Information System (ALMIS)
• Naval Systems Engineering Resource Center
• Microsoft SharePoint
• U.S. Army Logistic Data Analysis Center (LDAC)
BayFirst offers a competitive annual compensation in addition to a comprehensive suite of benefits
to include medical, dental, vision with low premiums, free short and long term disability, 4% match
on the 401(k), tuition assistance, etc.
Interested candidates are encouraged to send an updated copy of your resume at
firstname.lastname@example.org along with your availability to discuss further.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Matson is seeking an M.E.B.A. member or applicant for the position of Permanent Port Engineer.
This position is for the MARAD RRF ship MV Cape Henry. The ship is located at Pier 96 in San Francisco.
There are at least 2 years left on the current Matson-MARAD contract. This position is expected to start as temporary and become permanent after 90 days. This position is to start in approximately 2 weeks.
Preference will be given to group 1 individuals, but all candidates will be considered. To apply for this job, forward your resume to Matson Manager of Labor Operations Danny Defanti at email@example.com and Lead PE Ryan Connolly at firstname.lastname@example.org and MEBA West Coast VP Adam Vokac at email@example.com
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The Seafarers International Union (SIU) has an opening for an Engine Instructor at their Piney Point, MD training facility. The job listing is as follows:
A large merchant marine training facility located in beautiful Southern Maryland has an opening for an Unlimited Chief Engineer/Instructor. This is a full-time position with benefits; pay is based on experience. You must be willing to relocate to Southern Maryland for this position and are on-call twenty-four hours a day and weekends with possibly an on-call rotation. Applicants must possess and be able to maintain a Chief Engineer unlimited license on their MMC and hold a valid TWIC. Applicants must have the ability to obtain USCG NMC approval to teach school courses; be proficient in public speaking; and be able to lift 40 pounds. Daily duties include (but are not limited to) upkeep of the school’s training vessel as well as teaching students in accordance with USCG-approved curriculum as needed. May also occasionally be required to review and develop course curriculum.
If interested, please send resume via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (301) 702-6060.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. The employer is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Salary can be adjusted at employer discretion based on experience, skill, ability, seniority, and/or education.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
You have the experience the U.S. Coast Guard needs!
Help to maintain the safety of the world’s marine transportation system. Join our passionate team of Marine Transportation Specialists where you can put your knowledge and experience to work ensuring that mariners receive necessary training and relevant testing in order to qualify for a U.S. Merchant Mariner Credential.
The U.S. Coast Guard currently has two Supervisory Marine Transportation Specialist positions open at the National Maritime Center in Martinsburg West Virginia.The positions are the Course Approvals and Examination Branch Chiefs.These positions each supervise a group of subject matter experts in the day to day execution of the mariner training and assessment and knowledge examinations activities.
To learn more and apply for these positions visit www.USAJOBS.gov or select the links below:
Course Approval Branch Chief:
Examination Branch Chief: