Check your local Union hall for jobs off the board
A qualified licensed officer is being sought per the following labor order:
Vessel – Yorktown Express
Position - Chief Engineer, Motor
Tour - 70 day tours / north Atlantic EU service
Join date/time – Mid-March
Port - TBA
Please apply and submit resume at crowley.com, Careers tab at top.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Keystone Shipping Co., an international shipping company, is currently seeking a qualified maritime professional to fill the position of Fleet Engineer in the Engineering Department of our suburban Philadelphia, PA office, managing the technical operation, maintenance and repair of our eleven MARAD Ready Reserve Fleet vessels and supervising their assigned Port Engineers. This position reports directly to the General Manager – Government Contracts and the Vice President of Engineering.
Job Responsibilities to include but not limited to:
- Supervising the engineering management of our MARAD Ready Reserve Fleet vessels and their Port Engineers, including operation, maintenance, repair, condition and certification.
- Oversee voyage repairs and drydockings, including requisitioning and procurement of material and services.
- Insure that all vessels are fully certificated and documented, and coordinate vessel inspections by regulatory body inspectors.
- Prepare annual budgets and business plans for spare parts, voyage repairs, major repairs and special expenditures. Be responsible for the fiscal management of all vessels within the approved budgets.
- Be thoroughly familiar with the operational status, condition of hull and all equipment aboard each vessel.
- Oversee the technical aspects of the engineering operation of assigned vessels. In this capacity, the Fleet Engineer shall work closely with senior officers and the Port Engineers to provide technical advice to the vessels and other shoreside departments when necessary.
- Monitor the engineering performance of vessels and make recommendations for improvements and modifications to the Chief Engineers and company engineering management.
- Review vessel operating, performance and maintenance data submitted by the Chief Engineer to ensure efficient operation and adherence to maintenance and safety standards.
- Be responsible for the implementation and management of the Company SMS aboard his/her vessels
- Represent the company in industry technical forums as necessary.
Candidates should demonstrate a combination of the following qualifications:
- Bachelor‘s Degree in Marine Engineering from an accredited maritime academy, or equivalent engineering education and discipline.
- US Coast Guard unlimited license as First Assistant Engineer or higher, for steam and/or diesel propelled vessels.
- At least five (5) years experience sailing aboard oceangoing commercial vessels, with time as First Assistant and/or Chief Engineer preferred
- At least three (3) years experience as a Port Engineer or equivalent experience in vessel operation, maintenance or repair; including demonstrated experience in project management and/or managing drydockings.
- Results-oriented leader able to work in a fast-paced, teamwork environment with minimal direction.
- Strong communications, analytical and administrative skills.
- Working knowledge of U.S. Coast Guard and ABS rules and regulations.
- Familiarity with MARAD requirements for RRF program a plus.
- Working knowledge of ABS NS5 Planned Maintenance software a plus
- Have a Transportation Workers Identification Card (TWIC) issued by the TSA
- Be able to pass a physical and be physically able to enter confined spaces, and climb ladders aboard ships while at sea or in port.
We offer salary based on experience and an excellent comprehensive benefits package.
Qualified candidates should submit resume and salary requirements to:
PO Box 1106, Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004-1496,
Attn: Cathy Doyle, Human Resources
Or via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Seabulk Fleet Mgmt. is currently accepting resumes for 1st A/E’s and 2nd A/E’s for future positions on Central Gulf Line and Waterman vessels.
They have an immediate opening for a permanent Chief Engineer on the M/V Mississippi Enterprise and 1 First A/E. Please include any PCTC Experience, Heavy Lift or Crane experience. Current Security Clearance also a bonus.
Please forward resumes to email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the experience the U.S. Coast Guard needs!
Help to maintain the safety of the world’s marine transportation system. Join our passionate team of Marine Transportation Specialists where you can put your knowledge and experience to work ensuring that mariners receive necessary training and relevant testing in order to qualify for a U.S. Merchant Mariner Credential.
The U.S. Coast Guard currently has four Marine Transportation Specialist positions open at the National Maritime Center in Martinsburg West Virginia.
To learn more and apply for these positions visit www.USAJOBS.gov or select the links below:
Port Engineer Needed for Beaumont, TX CAPE 'T's
Patriot Contract Services is seeking a qualified candidate for a Port Engineer for the MARAD CAPE “T” vessels. The position is a full time assignment located at the Port of Beaumont, TX and the successful candidate will need to be local in the area. The following are the qualifications requested for the position but all candidates will be considered.
- Patriot is seeking a qualified candidate for a Port Engineer for the MARAD vessels located in Beaumont, TX who is local. The position is for a second Port Engineer to assist with current OCI inspections and vessel repairs. The following are the qualifications requested for the position but all candidates will be considered. Since this position is local there is no per diem or living expenses provided.
- All Contractor Port Engineers identified as key personnel shall be US citizens capable of gaining a security clearance.
- At least five (5) years’ experience in the commercial maritime industry in either a shore side or shipboard engineering role with Chief/First Assistant Engineer experience.
- Experience must demonstrate the ability to effectively manage and negotiate complex projects such as vessel machinery overhauls and repairs.
- Practical knowledge of mechanical engineering and naval architecture principles and practices.
- Familiarity with marine/mechanical, electrical, and structural engineering disciplines.
- Competency in shipyard work specification writing and work package development.
- A combination of education and experience that provides an equivalent level of knowledge of ship operations and maintenance management.
- Use of Nautical Systems Software NS5 and its separate dry dock module.
- Familiar with the use of Access database software.
- Familiar with the use of Excel spreadsheets.
- Familiar with directing and interfacing with vender repair personnel, reviewing/analyzing/responding to repair generated Condition Reports.
- Please direct all resumes to:
Marine Personnel Manager
Patriot Contracting Services,
925-296-2050 or 510-387-6340
1st A/Es Needed for Central Gulf/Waterman Jobs
Seabulk Fleet Mgmt. is currently accepting resumes for 1st A/Es for future positions on Central Gulf Line and Waterman vessels.
Please include any PC/TC, Heavy Lift or Crane experience. A current Security Clearance is also a bonus. Please forward resumes to email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org.
Patriot Needs 1st A/Es
Patriot Contract Services is currently seeking resumes for 1st Assistant Engineers for the Watson-class vessels. Qualified candidates must possess a valid USCG Unlimited 1st Engineer License with Gas Turbine endorsement. The position requires government training and the ability to meet the eligibility required for a security clearance.
Please direct all resumes to: Dave Nolan, Marine Personnel Manager, Patriot Contracting Services, email@example.com – (925) 296-2050 or (510) 387-6340.